Wednesday, June 20, 2007

To Prick the Conscience of a Nation

Blatherscopians! A call to pens! I believe y'all know how big my soapbox is, so after a Hard Day's manual labor, I feel too x-austed to pull it out. So I will simply link to a book and a blog About Which You Should Care. I'm tired of feeling helpless, and until I figure out something More I can do, I will write to my congressional leaders, influential business persons, and even that frack head the President. The opinions of the American public shouldn't be gathered solely in polls; "They" need to see that their constituents are flesh and bloody outraged. I can't help but believe that our country would be a significantly better place if everyone took 15 minutes a week (h-e-double hockey sticks, 15 minutes a month!) to weigh in on this grand experiment called America.

2 comments:

Belladonna said...

I find it intriguing how I can vehemently disagree with a person on one topic and yet remain in complete alignment with that same person on other topics. IF Hillary gets elected, I'm going expatriate and moving to Costa Rica. But when it comes to the travesty of justice going on at Gitmo, I agree 100%

ZERD said...

Thanks for posting, Belladonna. Costa Rica is a lovely place:) I know what you mean about the wonderful "vehement disagreement/complete alignment" paradox--I think most people have similar root values, but have differing ideas about how to to best live those values, especially with law/society interaction. One of the reasons I like your blog is how articulate you are about your thoughts and beliefs.