Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Rise of the Carnie

Okay, so this evening, I brought home a bunch of flowers to put in the bajillions of vases in my living room; Hubbers walks into the room, jes' bein' his silly ole self, and I was inspired to dare him--to cram an entire carnation up his nose. And he did it. The whole red thang. Right up the right nostril.

I think I married a natural carnie--he already knows how to swallow fire. And juggle. Balls.* And play the guitar with his feet. And walk through walls. And make himself invisible. Oh, wait, the government didn't want me to tell y'all that....

Speaking of circus freaks, I finally saw Fellini's La Strada. Which I loved for its Technical Virtues. Which I disliked for its story: I'm not Franciscan enough to care for his characters--I have absolutely no compassion for for verbally abusive fools and physically abusive misogynists, and precious little for the mentally handicapped. I know, I know--this last one makes me morally suspect as a human, but it's Truth. I'm sure my prejudice is rooted in Fear, as all good prejudices are, and am confident that I Have Nothing To Fear But Fear Itself, but Ree-rees make me shudder. Kindness may be a Virtue that I jes' don't have.

*Quote of the day: "If we don't come down hard on these clowns, we'll be up to our balls in jugglers."--Hot Fuzz

2 comments:

deeluxegal said...

thank you (and your hubbers) for an incredibly loud and much needed laugh. omg! too much!!

ZERD said...

Any time, lurvely craychur.