Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Demonstrative Taste of My Recent Activities; or, a Li'l Bit of This and That, These and Those

*My session with Maestro Steven was Rox-some! He was VERY pleased with what I had done on my own in a month--pleased to the point of surprise. It made me feel like some sort of opera singer-superhero (She can master hard concepts in a month! Sing more beautifully than an angel! Make hardened criminals weep just by clearing her throat! She is....SuperVox!!!!) He gave me a couple of bitch-ass hard arias to learn by August. [In faux Arnold voice:] I cahn dooo eet!

*I spent a lot o' time in church this weekend, doin' tha singin' thang. My Holiness Points are up to 53, so I'm pretty sure that I'm holier than thou.

*Sunday afternoon was a Paint-a-bration at BFF's house. We sanded and painted hundreds of feet of trim. Yes, I can now say that I spent all-day Sunday "getting trim." [In faux Barry White/Koolaid Man voice:] Oooh, yeah!

*I just looked over at my coffee pot (a necessity for Today's modern society), and I think it melted. I'm not kidding. I think the back half, toward the handle, is sitting significantly lower in the base. Hmmm....in that case, should I drink the rest of the coffee in the pot or throw it away? I'm still caffeine thirsty....

*In the wake of rearranging our office/game room, I am avoiding going upstairs and cleaning my desk. I feel sort-of like zookeepers must feel--fascination and wariness. What will I find there? Will I have to deal with it immediately? Will it devour me whole?

*Hubby and I watched Season 2.5 of Battlestar Galactica this weekend (known around our house as B-Star-G); despite a couple of strong episodes, we were Not Pleased. The first season was sooo very close to Perfection; the first half of the second (Season 2.0) was very strong, but exhibited a few worrisome signs of plot acceleration and throw-away characters, which, in Season 2.5, grew into full-blown Insular Episodes on Stupid Themes. They tried to use these Stupid Themes to provide grounds for character development (and, in some cases, extreme shifts of values), rather than letting characters develop naturally through relationships. For g*d's sake, if I wanted to watch a show about men using vigilante justice to try and save women from prostitution, I would watch Deadwood. So now I'm on the look-out for a good TV series to Netflix. I've been curious about Big Love, just to see if it as misogynistic as I think it must be. Anybody know anything about it? Other series recommendations? We'll watch any genre, as long as it is Quality.

This concludes the summation of the last week of my existence. May each of you experience the sort of supa-fly-ness I experience each damn day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dude, you rock!

-Iralise