Sunday, July 15, 2007

Remember Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Books?


They just got a grown-up, pop-art twist*. Stenciled all over the sidewalks of San Fransisco's Mission district is a love story told in stammering snatches. You, the Reader, control the Fate of this he/she romance. "She Loves The Moon" (by art collective The Strangers) begins in two separate locations--either "She leaves her lonely apartment" or "He leaves his lonely apartment"--the characters will eventually meet, but events pull them apart; they have a chance for happiness later, but... [dum-da-dum-dum-Dum!] anything can happen in a choose-your-own-adventure.

I heart this idea! I kinda want to do this to my driveway/garden path. Probably won't, though: the Laziness always wins.

*Thanks to SiLLee for putting me in The Know!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting. How far would I have to walk?

ZERD said...

I'm not sure. One account found over 30 tiles covering 4 blocks. But you can go straight to the source via whydoesshelovethemoon@gmail.com