Sunday, July 29, 2007

Freaky Animals Gettin' It ON: Another Sign of the Pending Apocalypse

Q: What does one call the foal of a mule?
A: No one knows--there's never been one before!
[Cue "impending doom" music.]

If this IS some kind of devil-donkey from demonic regions, I think I'm OK. I met Satan (or at least one of his closest followers) last weekend; he was really nice. I met him at the outdoor cafe of Ringler's Annex, just up the street from Powell's; some friends and I were sobering up when SatanMan sat down next to us with his gigantic black bulldog. His dog immediately curled up on my feet, so we got to talking. SatanMan has two large conical protuberances under the skin of his forehead (รก la barely concealed horns), a long black goatee, and a floppy black plastic mustache inserted at the base of his nose. Also, his ears had been pierced so that the auditory canal was protected by a pentagram. No tail was visible, but he had lots of chains and spikes projecting from random parts of his clothing. Sweet dude, SatanMan.

2 comments:

deeluxegal said...

i hope this mama mule turns out to be a chimera. mostly because i just love that word, but also because it's the peak of freak neat. oooh, and if her offspring is a chimera too...that'd be too awesome for words!

ZERD said...

Chimera...one of the coolest of cool words. I second that emotion!