Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hiatus Happens

O Blatherscopians, my Blatherscopians! Can you forgive a 2-week snub? Like any other Petulant Supplicant, I have excuses to offer: Illness and Heat have me assailed. Forgive my pomposity; I am in a ridiculous production of Purcell's ridiculous 17th-century opera Dido & Aeneas--the appalling libretto (of the first English opera ever) is rife with phrases such as: "and make not in a hopeless fire a hero fall." I play the hapless hero--that's right, I'm a Big Boy now! This production, despite its gorgeous voices, makes me to incredibly frustrated that I have a hard time remembering that the rest of the world is Good.

Then I go home and read about the latest antics of the Bush Administration and the waves of despair almost crush me.

Yet Beauty remains in our ravaged world--a new Caravaggio has been identified; yesterday's sunset was magnificent; my dogs are still sweet--so I think I shall keep my chin held high for another Day.

2 comments:

deeluxegal said...

i'm glad you're feeling better and that you're back with us, o great blathery one.

ZERD said...

Thank you kindly, devout reader!