Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yeow! I Feel Good (I Knew That I Would)

Do You ever have a Day when You just feel GOOD? For moi, that Day is this Day. I am nauseatingly cheerful. I feel like every part of me has been ministered to this morning: I got my Exercise on at a Bright and Early 6 Of The Clock--and my Honey Bun joined me!* As I rode the Chub off my Curves, I read the most delightful children's book, The Family Under The Bridge by Natalie Savage Carlson.** The story is so wonderfully compassionate without being preachy, full of interesting and unusual characters, and a Happy Ending that never feels forced or obvious. When I finished, my heart felt Full.

And then I went to work on my voce.

Vocally, things that I have struggled toward for a Long Time are beginning to happen: my clumsy muscles are gaining Discipline, my tongue has been chastened from the Distortion of Vowels, and I am learning when (and how) to relax.*** These Actions have only been vaguely glimpsed Ideas before now; a sense of Accomplishment, Hope, and Relief are bubbling just under my skin. I feel like I have just been handed The Key to The Secret Garden.****

*I do love to see that man sweat. Hot, hot, hot.
**Which reminds me that I have neglected my Book Reviews shamefully. STBR! (Soon To Be Rectified)
***I apologize to any of my Non-Singer Readers for whom this is Techno-Gibber. If You, poor bored person, desire to gain an Inkling of Insight, let Your Zerd know and I will prat on about Music and the Muse in a Future Post.
****Which is another fine children's book, just in case You didn't know.

1 comment:

Tsipa said...

Oh my goddness - I love that book! I still remember the wonderful descriptions of the pancakes with jam and the Yule log that Armand insists is really medicine, and the copper toes of al the little gypsy boys. The illuatrations were pretty fabulous, too. Thanks for the blast from the past.

I'm glad you have been doing well. :) I hope I can see you again soon and we can break out the chat. Hugs!