Friday, May 4, 2007

Off I Go, Into The Wild Blue Yonder...

...Soaring high, into the sky, for the second time in a week. Destination: Chicago. Glamorous activity: being coached by Jennifer Larmore.

Now I know all you Blatherscope readers thrill to the bone at Ms. Larmore's very mention, so I know I don't have to remind anyone that she is one of the most acclaimed singers in the world; a mezzo-soprano with a rich timbre equally at home in coloratura and sustained passages. She is also an extremely gracious lady, very giving with her time and expertise. She has a number of CDs, so rush out and consume! I met her last year when I had the good fortune to sing for her at a masterclass here in Portland (she was in town to sing Mahler's Rueckart Lieder with Carlos Kalmar and the Oregon Symphony. Gorgeous!). She is so uplifting! I heart her.

I'll be staying with Benjers and Amber-pants, some of the Wonder People in my life brought to me through Hubby. I have high hopes for fun times in the big city. Don't let me down, Chicago.

No comments: