Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mini Bottle Of Ketchup*

The anniversary of Hubby's birth passed with a gentle amount of family fanfare. Unfortunately for him, this date is crammed in the midst of Mother's Day, his mother's birthday, his cousin's birthday, and the end of the school year (and because we are a clan of Educators and Over-Educateds, this translates to Crazy Time). Poor Hubby rarely gets a Shin-Dig to call his own. On the up side, he is a Taurus. (Which, I just realized, is the auto his Big Brother #2 drives. WWFT--What Would Freud Think?) At the Combo-Party, he looked so sweet and han'sum in a stylin' dark gray polo I found on the bargain rack. And the cake was Super-Razberry-Fudgy-Awesome! (Beaverton Bakery, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways....)

I also spent A LOT of time in church this past weekend (got to get those Jesus Points!), honoring deacons, mothers, and, naturally, G*d. There is nothing quite like Catholic Pomp and Circumstance--actually, given the slightest Circumstance, the Catholics will Pomp. Of course, what is Pomp without Choral Accompaniment? I am definately ready for the summer break (which came about simply because no one shows up for choir rehearsal in the summer). The Sunday homily has stuck in my mind, though: Fr.George talked about two words for peace** in Hebrew, XXX (word I can't remember) and Shalom can both translate as "peace," but the first means "a lack of conflict" while Shalom means "striving for social justice." The crux of the message being "there can be no XXX without Shalom." Just some fuel for the Thinking Machine inside the head.***

Other topics of my life TBB [To Be Blogged]: Great adventures in the wilds of Chicago, my just-established State of the Voice annual address, and more of the popular Books Read section. Stay tuned to this station for all your excitement--we'll be back after this break!


*Get it? "Ketchup" = "Catch up." Ha! I do love a good pun! Of course, "good" is completely a matter of personal taste....
** I accidentally typed "peach" instead of "peace" here. Hee! I thought it was funny. At the time. Oh, well.
***However, I just tried to look up the XXX, and came across this article which says Shalom means lack of conflict, so.... It is also an interesting rant against Sharon/Bush.

No comments: