Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Black Licorice...

...is always cool. Thus, astute readers will note its inclusion on my sidebar: Things That Are Always Cool. What proof* have I, lowly Zerd, of the licorice cool factor? From humble beginnings in Ancient Egypt, today 13 lucky countries provide their own unique lik'rish to the greatful world, and Licorice International (yes, an entire organization dedicated to winning the war on sweets) sponsors a Licorice-of-the-Month Club. Hmmm, I tried to find some poetry or literary references to help propel my case, but all I found was a poem by a little girl (The Scrumptious Sweet-Tooth Monster).

Hubby and I like to keep some around for home Movie Date times, so I picked some up at the local Freddy's. The cashier, when she saw my purchase, grinned, revealing six rotting teeth and big blank holes where other teeth should have been. She asked, " D'ju happen to see if they had restocked the Orange Slices yet? I eat a pack a day, and yesterday I wiped 'em out." I went to my dentist that afternoon.

*In the interest of full disclosure of my dorkiness, I had no proof of anything until beginning this post. What little I found is kinda pathetic, really. Oh, well.

No comments: