Thursday, January 31, 2008

Don't Be A (Double) Dip

Vindication! I have strenuously objected to those communal grazers who, in their haste for more great taste, pollute the pot for the Rest Of Us. I have been scoffed, mocked, snubbed, and given The Eye for voicing my disgust--I'm sorry if I'm crampin' your style, yo, but you are diz-gusting! And now I have proof.

"On average, the students found that three to six double dips transferred about 10,000 bacteria from the eater’s mouth to the remaining dip.

"Each cracker picked up between one and two grams of dip. That means that sporadic double dipping in a cup of dip would transfer at least 50 to 100 bacteria from one mouth to another with every bite."

4 comments:

deeluxegal said...

i almost blogged about this article! you know what they say about great minds...

ZERD said...

I'm pretty sure we're going to conquer the world.

Dahli said...

I am a self-admitted double dipper, but only in the company of other double dippers (are you throwing up yet?), with my handsome partner in crime, and by myself.
good article; I will think twice next time.
xo

Mr Zakky Pants said...

I heard this on NPR, almost barfed! You know how I feel about other people's germs. Spread the word!