Friday, November 2, 2007

Word of the Day

Osphresiophilia /oss free zee o FIL ee uh/ n * Sexual excitement from smells.

"Being a perfume tester was a dream job for a woman with osphresiophilia, but Nancy's frequent trips to the bathroom began to raise some eyebrows in the lab."

Source: Depraved and Insulting English by Peter Novobatzky and Ammon Shea.

Knowing the eagerness with which my devoted Blatherscopians seek to expand their lingual dexterity, I will, henceforth, present a regular dosing of dialectical delights, straight from the forked tongues of Monsieurs Novobatzky & Shea. Yes, Loyal Readers, until such time as I am sent a cease-and-desist epistle, I shall hold the candle of language aloft in the darkness of a world in which "R U red E 4 2-dayz test?" constitutes a sentence.

And, in case anyone was wondering, that co-worker who constantly sprays saliva when he/she talks is sialoquent.

2 comments:

Tsipa said...

FABULOUS. Excellent first choice...and I can say "I was there."

Uncle Mukka said...

As you seem to be all my shiny moments:)