Saturday, October 20, 2007

Another Tenor Thinks He's The Messiah

Am I the only one who thinks all tenors are donkey-holes?* But if I can push aside the mountainous egos of said high-voiced male singers for a moment (woo! That took all my Popeye-muscles), the ideology Mr. Gelb brings to the Met bodes poorly for We hungry, struggling, no-name singers. Me thinks it is a desperate attempt for the "most prestigious opera house in the world" (ahem!) to save face and actually turn a profit.**

*In the spirit of Full Disclosure, I must inform you, sensitive Readers, that Zerd's own BFF is a tenor; however, he already admits to being a d-hole.
**Because, somehow, less prestigious opera houses have managed to keep themselves in the black for years. Lyric Opera of Chicago, this shout out is for you, you sexy Opera Machine!

2 comments:

Tsipa said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE that he said that. Why would he say that? I...have no words. English has abandoned me.

Yes, tenors are donkey-holes.

Seriously...why would someone think it's okay to say that? Out loud and everything? I am flabbergasted. Also I need to shower now.

deeluxegal said...

am i the only one who just threw up in my mouth?